Well, from so much talking about food, I am craving it, don’t you? I’m honest with you, it was difficult to choose between so many dishes and what we are going to do today is typical of the center of Oaxaca, the coloradito is one of the best known moles. It is light and with a sweet touch. It is named for the color of the sauce.
- 4 pieces of chicken
- 1 piece of medium onion chopped
- 4 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or ¼ pinch dry ground
- 4 sprigs of fresh marjoram or ¼ pinch dry ground
- 4 pieces of chilcoxle pepper or guajillo pepper
- 8 pieces of Ancho chili
- 400 grams of roasted tomato, peeled and seedless
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 60 g sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 pieces of whole clove
- 3 pieces of allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (approximately 7 cm.)
- 1 piece of plantain, peeled and cut into slices
- 3 slices of bolillo or sweet yolk bread
- 30 g of chocolate
- Put the chicken, onion, garlic and herbs in a pot. Cook over medium heat for 25 minutes so that the chicken is tender.
- Clean the chillies of veins and seeds, reserve the seeds.
- Toast the chilies for a few seconds on each side. Rinse the chilies in cold water and then put them in hot water for 20 minutes.
- In a tablespoon of butter, fry the sesame and drain well.
- Briefly blend the tomatoes, add the sesame, oregano, peppers, cloves, salt and a little water in which the chilies were soaked, until they form a smooth paste.
- Fry the cinnamon, onion and garlic until golden brown and blend with the above.
- Blend the chilies separately in very little water and strain until a smooth paste is left. Add this paste little by little to the grinding of the tomatoes.
- In a little butter, put the banana and the bread and fry over low heat until golden brown. Add to the previous grind, blend everything perfectly.
- Put the rest of the butter in a saucepan and when it is hot, add the complete grind. If the sauce shows some lumps or peels, strain it again. Fry for a few minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan so that the mole does not burn. Add the consommé and the chocolate, letting it reach its cooking point and correct the seasoning.
- Finally, add the chicken pieces, leave over low heat for a few minutes.
To lick your fingers and make a great feast.
I’m honest with you, I think that when one is half sad or not really wanting to do something, cook and play music that accompanies this activity, it is a great therapy, as the mind clears and things are done without thinking much, leaving Flowing the feelings and giving us a space full of pleasure, don’t you think so?
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST
Be the first to know about our new content!